Minimal Access Surgery (Laparoscopic Surgery or Key Hole Surgery) has become the most favoured way for abdominal surgeries in modern era. It has many advantages over open surgery -
- Less pain and hence lesser requirement of pain killers.
- Early discharge from hospital and return to work.
- Less blood loss.
- Less wound infection.
- Less chances of future complications like incisional hernia or intestinal obstruction.
- More cosmetic.
The Laparoscopic Surgery Department at Lajwanti Hospital is equipped with the latest technology and infrastructure, supported by an experienced team of surgeons. The department specialises in performing all major surgeries of abdomen laparoscopically.
Some of the commonly performed laparoscopic surgeries are-
Colon and rectum surgery
Undescended abdominal testes
- Gall Bladder
- CBD exploration for CBD stones
- All types of hernias
- Gynae surgeries (Detailed below)
- Fundoplication for hiatus hernia
- Cardiomyotomy for Achalasia cardia
- Cystogastrostomy for pseudocyst pancreas
- Liver cysts - hydatic, infectec or simple cyst
- Pancreatic Surgery - Necrosectomy for infected pancreatic necrosis, distal pancreatectomy
- Small bowel resection
- Mini - Gastric Bypass
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Loop Duodenojejunal Bypass
Most Gynaecology surgeries can now be done with laparoscope -
- Hysterectomy (TLH)
- Myomectomy for uterine fibroid
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Ovarian Cyst
- Tubal ligation
- Reversal of tubal ligation (sterilisation reversal)
Most Urological abdominal surgeries can now be done laparoscopically-
- Undescended testes